Friday, April 16, 2010

Jammin' on “The Street”

Since it first aired in 1969, plenty of musicians have appeared on the long-running PBS children’s television show Sesame Street. Some of the musical performances on Sesame Street are classics that rival that of any other show as artists are able to showcase a more laid back persona. Here are a few good ones I was able to dig up (in no chronological order):

“1234” by Feist

I love this song but it’s just too perfect for this application.



“I Got A Song” by Ray Charles



“Don’t Know Y” by Norah Jones

Get it…Don’t know...Why...”Y”? In all seriousness, Norah sounds great here.



“Just The Way You Are” by Billy Joel

I love how Billy Joel is singing a love song to Oscar, who is such a bastard.



“Nasty Dan” by Johnny Cash

Johnny "TRASH"?



“Superstition” by Stevie Wonder

This is my favorite of the Sesamee Street performances and one of the best live recordings of “Supersition” out there.



Consistent with our furry friends above, be sure to check out my man The Green Gorilla ‘s cretaceous, but intriguing look at “Hevisaurus.”


No comments:

Post a Comment