Monday, April 26, 2010

Allergies…

Having been hit hard with allergies this weekend I thought I would make light of the situation by pulling some tunes from the catalogue that pertain. I wanted to post the song “Allergies” by Paul Simon (off Hearts and Bones, 83’) but I couldn’t find any video to post (see lyrics below). That being said, a nice play on words works just as well so I will post one of my favorite songs from The Verve, “The Drugs Don’t Work.” This is the fourth song off their 3rd album, Urban Hymns, which gained mainstream appeal with the single “Bittersweet Symphony.” The popularity and video success of this song helped to make Urban Hymns one of the best selling albums of 1997. I personally feel that the rest of the album is overlooked due to the positive/negative feelings people have about the first single. It really is a great album and I highly recommend it to people who are into the early Oasis catalogue. The live video I found is from a “T in the Park” festival ( a major music festival that has been held annually in Scotland since 1994.)


The Verve- The Drugs Don't Work (live at T in the park) from poeticjin on Vimeo.


While on The Verve, here is the official video for “Lucky Man”, my favorite song of theirs. For all you Entourage fans, this song was featured at the end of the first episode of season 6 when Vince finds himself sitting along as his crew is slowly moving out.


Lucky Man - THE VERVE from LeperMessiah__ on Vimeo.


References:

Album Artwork:



















Official Website

MySpace

Lyrics – “The Drugs Don’t Work” 

Lyrics - "Allergies"

  

2 comments:

  1. Have no fear, The Green Gorilla is here...

    Follow the link to listen to Paul Simon's "Allergies":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAst1aIIvQI

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I opened up I got "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds." How did The Gorilla hack it?

    ReplyDelete