Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Flat Tire

To my delight I was treated to a nice flat tire yesterday during my lunch break. All things considered, the fix went as smooth as possible. It’s only apropos to throw some auto-themed tunes up here in recognition of this banner afternoon. In searching for videos for “Drive My Car” by The Beatles, I came across this amateur medley of the song acted out by Lego’s. In digging deeper I noticed that he has both the entire Beatle’s # 1’s catalog in Lego video and a lot of free time.



A bit more relative to my situation would be the song (appropriately titled so) “Flat Tire” by left-handed Blues-man Albert King. For those who don’t know, King was one of the "Three Kings of the Blues Guitar" (along with B. B. King and Freddie King) and at 6' 4" / 250 lbs was known as "The Velvet Bulldozer". “Flat Tire” appeared on 1974’s I Wanna Get Funky, which covered various Blues tunes with Funk overtones.






References:

Album Artwork:













Album Credits:

• Albert King – Electric guitar and vocals
• Donald Kinsey (name on album credits incorrectly spelled as "Donald Kenzie") – Rhythm guitar
• Memphis Symphony Orchestra – Strings
• The Memphis Horns – Horns
• The Bar-Kays, The Movement – Rhythm section
• Hot Buttered Soul, Henry Bush – Background vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment