Thursday, July 1, 2010

“Top 6” After 6

6 months into 2010 there’s been a bunch of good tunes. I was going to focus my mid-year tops list on albums but since moods change so much in 6 months I just assume individual tracks would work better.


1) “Vaporize” by Broken Bells (Broken Bells):


2) “Brand New Shoes” by She & Him (Volume 2):

3) “Giving Up The Gun” by Vampire Weekend (Contra):

4) “Tighten Up” by The Black Keys (Brothers):

5) “Camera Talk” by Local Natives (Gorilla Manor):

6) “Laredo” by Band of Horses (Infinite Arms):

Honorable Mention:


- “Ambition” by We Are Scientists (Barbara):

Notes:

- “Vaporize” by Broken Bells is now the #1 most listened to track on my iPod.

- I fell in love with “Brand New Shoes” by She & Him when I saw them @ The Bowery Ballroom a few months back.

- “Brothers” by The Black Keys is arguably one of my favorite album covers of the past decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment